we’ll tear your fucking empire down - a playlist for girls with teeth as sharp as swords (for milliebee11!)
heaven’s a lie – lacuna coil | i’m so sick – flyleaf | comanche – in this moment | mz hyde – halestorm | extreme – valora | shake the ground – cherri bomb | serial killer – damone | i know where you sleep – emilie autumn | bones – ms mr | light me up – the pretty reckless | one girl revolution – saving jane | the best thing – we are the in crowd | black me out – against me!
I DID A THING VALIDATE MY EGO PLZ.
Interviewer: Tell us about your relationship with Robert Downey Jr on set.
Jude Law: Oh, I love him. I love him.
Interviewer: Yeah? You had a bit of a bromance going on there.
Jude Law: What is this new term everyone is using?
Jude Law: Oh, it’s a horrible term. What about just a romance?
Interviewer: No, it’s not the same.
Jude Law: Why not? Why?
Interviewer: Cause then you’d have to star in a romantic comedy together or something.
Jude Law: We just have. Have you not seen it? [x]
"Now you know what a shooting star looks like."
Dark Ages, Schmark Ages. The De-Textbook cuts through that and so much more fake-fact bullshit.
cloudy with a chance of witch burning
your periodic reminder that a good chunk of Europe basically shat the bed for a few centuries while everyone else kinda did their thing.
I am sorry I’m going to be that person.
This map is extremely inaccurate.
1) China was not going through business as usual China was going through the TANG DYNASTY i.e. the Golden Age of Chinese culture, which would lay down legal and social and poetic norms for the rest of Chinese history. The Tang is so influential that a lot of languages call Chinese people 唐人 (People from Tang.) (We call Chinese people “people from Qin” so.)
2) Japan is _first becoming literate_ during this time period (due to the influence of the Tang they adopt Chinese script), which is a BFD for poetry, religion, politics, society. Japanese court culture develops, which near the end of this period (11th century, around the time Europe enters “high middle ages”) will produce The Tale of Genji (by a totally awesome woman named Murasaki),widely regarded as the world’s first novel because of it’s deft use of irony and social commentary.
3) The southern part of Korea is experiencing the emergence of Unified Silla, a state that will last the entire period and will see the importation of Chinese and Indian buddhism, the construction of the first Confucian college in Korea, and so on.
4) In Mesoamerica, the Mayans are inventing astronomy, writing (the third and final independent invention of writing in human history), and a whole crapload of other stuff. This is the triumph of their culture.
5) The Umayyads in Spain are a massive center of technology, learning, and (comparative) religious toleration.
6) The Eastern Roman Empire, which spans both the green and yellow portions of your map, isn’t doing too badly either, bouncing back after losing territory to the Caliphate.
7) The Polynesians are colonizing the ENTIRE PACIFIC using amazing advanced navigation technology not rivaled until the INVENTION OF GPS.
8) I am not equipped to talk about Sub-Saharan Africa in detail (cue rant about how we never learn about subsaharan africa in the western educational system) but you can bet there are some major, amazing developments going on there too. I’d be shocked if there weren’t.
9) HOLY SHIT INDIA.
11) THEY WEREN’T BURNING WITCHES IN EUROPE DURING THE MIGRATION PERIOD (dark ages). Witch burning took off in the EARLY MODERN PERIOD, nearly 1000 years after this. Europe was going through some tough shit, which would leave them backwards compared to the rest of the world for 1000 years, but also there were some amazing things happening there, at least have the decency to be like “angry dudes with swords stabbing people” not WITCH BURNINGS FFS.
12) And ABSOLUTELY Islamic Caliphate was a totally amazing flowering of intellectual, artistic, and spiritual culture, a mixing pot between a thousand cultures and languages, and totally amazing. Don’t in any way want to diminish that in any way.
PLEASE ALWAYS BE THAT PERSON
30 Days: What is your Inquisitor’s Name and why did you name them that?
Feri Trevelyan! The name itself doesn’t have a special meaning (apart from the accidental parallels between France and Orlais), but it’s a Hungarian diminutive of Francis. I’ve named him after Francis Lovell, because they’re quite similar in temperament.
So I was just scrolling through my outbox and this jumped out at me.
threefeettotheleft is very patient.
State your name: JezzState the name that your parents almost named you: Jacob, Millie, Charlie, AbigailWhich of your relatives do you get along with the most? my grandmaDid anything embarrassing happen this week? i’ve been at work so probablyDo people praise you for your looks? ummm?? maybe my hair.What is your favourite colour of clothing to wear? blackDo you work out every week? i’m on my feet for 6+ hours a day at work, that counts.Do you like your smile? nahhhhDo you like your eyes? yep!Do you think you are attractive? idk.How much money is in your account? not enough but pay day soon!Are you single? ’spose the butt next to me would say no.Do you want kids? go for it. maybe. god knows.What does your backpack look like: i have a giant blue one with white stars i use for shopping, and a black satchel i use for everything else.What celebrity do you think is attractive? currently jack fallahee.Last movie you saw in theatres: guardians of the galaxy. ehhhhh.
Current favourite, so beautiful.