Palette challenge, Cole from Dragon Age.
Hey Bioware, I have a really mighty need of some more of those character kits.
7, 16, 31!
7: Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
Edward will never make a public proclamation. It would reflected badly on Richard, and then on him, and the glittering dynasty of York already being tarnished by Edward’s own actions.
No, Edward will do nothing to Richard.
But Francis? He is disposable.
“And now your brother is dead.”
Damn him, damn them all, damn their eyes and their souls and their dynasties! Francis wanted no part in this sordid game they played, where they tore flesh off bones and expected men to still stand, and Richard is dragging him into the middle of it all.
I don’t know exactly why, but I think Four Ways is probably one of the best things I’ve written. It’s probably the only time I’ve managed to balance my awful description with something that’s less ironic, and have it come out ok. And I just have a lot of emotions about these babies.
16: If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
That is a cruel question! Probably Francis/Richard, if only because mere mentions of them make me smile. I flit between fandoms too much, if you’re not careful I’ll end up saying Vega/Cortez from Mass Effect! (Although, ahem, honourable mention to Louis/Anne. Or anything with Louis.)
31: Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
Canon? That’s a type of weapon, right?
Proof that miracles do happen
#you yelled at merrill didn’t you
"Spread this like wildfire!" awww no Tumblr I’m not going to spread your deliberate misinformation :)
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
please distract me from actually writing
Fuck the idea of robotic, socially awkward asexual characters.
Write asexual characters whose every word is innuendo, who surprise cuddle people, who flirt with everyone in their path.
Fuck the archetypes, fuck the stereotypes.
I love the idea that Anne’s berserk button is Louis. That she can be cold and icy and politically polite, but the idea of anyone hurting Louis will unleash a rage like nothing anyone has seen before.
I love the idea that Anne cares for Louis deeply, that she understands he’s struggling, and that everyone he knows betrays him. He is king, it comes with the crown, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy.
I love the idea that Anne understands Louis better than anyone else, no matter what Richelieu seems to believe. That they can communicate without words, and that he is fawning, puppyish in his affections.
I love that she doesn’t tolerate him.
This post is suddenly getting notes? Weird.
Yay Tom for supporting the Act for Change project :D
Picture from @actforchangehq